At Katoomba Dental Centre, we strive to provide you with the very best dental care. There are some ways that you can assist us in ensuring your visit is of the upmost efficiency.
For your first appointment
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete initial paperwork & ask any questions you may have.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us 48 hours in advance, as we do have a cancellation policy which is explained below. This allows us to contact patients on our waiting list to offer them the space.
- Accounts are payable on the day of your appointment. We accept Cash, Credit cards (VISA, MasterCard and AMEX), EFTPOS, cheques and provide finance plans if needed.
- We offer HICAPS for your convenience, allowing you to pay only the gap on the day.
On the Day
- To ensure the comfort of yourself and our other patients, we ask that if you have young children, that you have someone care for them while you are at your appointment, or someone that can look after them in the waiting room. If you have no other choice we completely understand and happy to assist where we can.
- Please brush your teeth prior to any treatment. Toothbrushes and toothpaste can be acquired from a staff member if requested. Please make sure to give yourself time to use our facilities before your appointment time is due.
- Please bring any dental x-rays you may have previously had taken in the past.
- Please be aware of any medication you are currently on and inform our staff on the front counter before your consultation.
- Ask us any questions you may have – we are here to help.
Ongoing Dental Care
You may require ongoing dental treatment address any oral health concerns. If this is the case, we will create a detailed treatment plan, customised for your needs, which will help you plan the your course of treatment and payment. If you need further consultations to discuss your treatment plan, they will be complimentary so that we can spend the necessary time addressing any concerns or questions for you.
Active Maintenance System
We will add you automatically to our active maintenance system after your first appointment, and will endeavor to book you in ahead of time for your routine check ups and cleans to ensure you maintain a high standard of oral health. This may require booking ahead anywhere between 3 - 12 months to ensure that live does not prevent you from maintaining your teeth. We will of course send reminders to you if you decide you would rather not book these appointments ahead of time.
You can now download, print and complete your medical history form prior to your appointment OR fill it out online!
By filling in all the relevant information before attending your appointment you are not only assisting us to stay on schedule, it also provides us all the necessary information required to provide you with the best dental treatment possible.
If you are filling the forms out online, please only fill out the forms that are relevant to your appointment (new patients -> New Patient Registration)